Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipod shuffle is not charging. I try changing the charger and re-installing itunes but nothing and I even tried other USB ports from different devices and still nothing. Whats wrong with it?

My ipod shuffle is not charging. i try changing the charger and re-installing itunes but nothing and I even tried other USB ports from different devices and still nothing. Whats wrong with it? Can anyone plz let me knw what i can do to fix it.?

iPod shuffle, Windows 7, my ipod shuffle is a 2nd generation

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2017 8:24 AM

I have this same problem but unfortunately none of the responses here have helped--(my ipod is so dead that even itunes or my computer do not recognize that it is plugged in)...unfortunately iproducts, while well built, typically have the problem of non-replaceable batteries which ends their lifespan sooner than would otherwise be necessary.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2017 8:24 AM in response to .BATMAN.

I have this same problem but unfortunately none of the responses here have helped--(my ipod is so dead that even itunes or my computer do not recognize that it is plugged in)...unfortunately iproducts, while well built, typically have the problem of non-replaceable batteries which ends their lifespan sooner than would otherwise be necessary.

Sep 12, 2012 3:35 PM in response to planb77

yes the cable Im using is compatible with the ipod shuffle. I bought it at the store and showed them my ipod shuffle and i left it more then 2hrs charging and nothing i think that the battery is probably dead and is not gonna come back to life. Im so sad, its so hard for me to buy things like tha i had it for a few years now. it was what got me through the day 😟. Well, if u guys have any other solutions or suggestions please let me know. Another thing I forgot to mention was that it don't even pop up in my computer or on my Itunes.

My ipod shuffle is not charging. I try changing the charger and re-installing itunes but nothing and I even tried other USB ports from different devices and still nothing. Whats wrong with it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.