Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to restore an icloud backup on an existing iphone

Is there a way to restore an icloud backup on an iphone without resetting the device? The iphone indicates an icloud backup was taken last night, but the only info I can find on restoring talks about choosing a restore point while going through the Setup Assistant on a new iOS 5 device. If I do have to reset the iphone, what's the minimum reset I can do, Reset All Settings, Erase All Content and Settings, Reset Network Settings or what? I'm trying to restore my Contacts and Calendar which seem to have reverted to an old copy in some way I cannot understand.

Thanks. Steve

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1, iCloud

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 12:34 PM

6 replies

Jan 25, 2014 6:13 PM in response to sfrehling

You will need to connect to a PC/Mac to start the RESTORE process. Once it is done you will then be able to restore iPhone from iCloud.

Make sure you have your iPhone plugged into your Computer (via iTunes) or you are on a WiFi network otherwise, it won't complete the reset until you are connected.

Once iTunes detects the phone, select RESTORE.

During the reset, "everything" is erased, settings are set back to factory defaults and iOS is reinstalled.

When the phone restarts, set it up as new and follow the prompts or restore from your most recent backup within iTunes or from iCloud.

Then reinstall all of your apps, music, setup iCloud to sync your Contacts, Reminders, Calendar, Notes, etc.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808

Thank you

how to restore an icloud backup on an existing iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.