Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WIll the Apple Composite AV Cable work with iPhone 5?

I want to get the iPhone 5 but I used the composite cable with my 4 as a GPS in my car. Will this work on the iPhone 5 with the adapter for the mini port?

iPhone 4S

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 12:55 PM

1 reply

Oct 12, 2012 12:45 PM in response to Bryan Debnam

Apparently the answer is no? I guess for me this is the #1 reason to not buy an iPhone 5. I switched to the iPhone specifically for the component (RCA) cable with charging capabilities for my car audio / nav needs. Android did not have a good solution and Apple did. I am sure there are a hand full of folks who bought the Pioneer App radio who are stuck as well. Apple needs to make an airplay to component adapter or a cable for the iPhone 5. Newsflash I am not switching my head unit out for a new phone. Don’t get me wrong I love air play and own an apple TV but hotel rooms, cars, boats and points of usage not going to have air play in all instances. Even if a cable comes out the “digital” port seems telling that component is going away. Time will tell.

WIll the Apple Composite AV Cable work with iPhone 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.