Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How much will the iPhone 4S cost when the iPhone 5 comes out?

I've been bugging my parents for a new phone for about a year now. They've said that if I got a new phone (keyword "if"), it won't be a smart phone (so 98% chance I won't get one). Now with the iPhone 5 coming out, it seems like a good chance to buy a 4S, since it'd be cheaper now (like buying an iPad 2 when the iPad 3 came out). So I'm coming up with an argument for if/when I ask for one (which I still expect to be in vain, but shouldn't hurt to ask anyway), which includes the price.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/device/smartphone/iphone says that a 16GB iP4S is $199.99, and 32GB (my preferred amount) is $299.99. However, I'm not sure if that's taking into account that the iPhone 5 is coming out.

Nor do I know for sure that the price for the iPhone 4S will be cheaper, that being said.

So point being, is that the current price for an iPhone 4S? If it is, should it drop when the iPhone 5 comes out, and if it does, what would you expect the cost of a 16GB and 32GB phone would be?

iPhone 4S, don't have; want

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 1:18 PM

You can look this up yourself.

Click Store at the top of this page.

2 replies

How much will the iPhone 4S cost when the iPhone 5 comes out?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.