Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pre-ordered iPhone 5's delivery date?

Hello everyone,

I'll be pre-ordering the new iPhone 5 on 14th Sept (ASAP) so when will I receive the device?

Is it possible for me to receive it on the release date?

I'm asking this because I'll be moving out for university on Sunday the 23rd Sept 12.

How likely is it for it to be delivered on Friday/21st Sept/release date?

Previous pre-order experience of other devices would be helpful (did you receive it on release day? or few days later?)

Thanks in advance

iPhone 5-OTHER, Other OS, iOS6

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 1:36 PM

"I'll be pre-ordering the new iPhone 5 on 14th Sept (ASAP) so when will I receive the device?"

You will get an estimate when you order.

"Is it possible for me to receive it on the release date?"

Sure it is possible.

4 replies

Sep 12, 2012 4:39 PM in response to ABaruwal

WHen the Iphone 4 came out they had a similar schedule. I received mine the morning the phone was released It was delivered by FedEx. Once you place your order you will get a fedex tracking number where it will tell you the delivery date then if it says it will get delivered after the 21st you can have it held or delivered to another address.

Pre-ordered iPhone 5's delivery date?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.