Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal Hotspot client monitor

Is there a way to monitor info (IP, MAC, Hostname,etc.) of clients connected to my iPhone's Personal Hotspot? Surely there must be a way to get more info than simply how many connections are currently active.

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 11:23 AM

Been an iPad and iPhone user for about a year now. I noticed right off that when someone asks about a feature that doesn't exist the answer is usually something like "you don't need it" or just no. Keep sending notes up to the device development and marketing folks. In this case, even your most basic hotspot or router in the real world has a feature to see who's connected by device id.

34 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2013 11:23 AM in response to ArminH

Been an iPad and iPhone user for about a year now. I noticed right off that when someone asks about a feature that doesn't exist the answer is usually something like "you don't need it" or just no. Keep sending notes up to the device development and marketing folks. In this case, even your most basic hotspot or router in the real world has a feature to see who's connected by device id.

Mar 31, 2017 3:52 AM in response to ArminH

I start wondering that today when I saw 4 connections on my hotspot and I only have 3 devices. Then I realized that my iPad was connected via bluetooth and WiFi .. that was the 4th connection. Every time I turned off one of the connections (WiFi or bluetooth) the 4th connection on my iphone dissapeared. I does not answer your question but at least this may answer some of the questions around here.

Sep 12, 2012 4:43 PM in response to Bsiders522

And that's all I want it to tell me... who's connected... IP/MAC/Hostname of all connected clients. BTW, I have it password protected, but I'd still like to know which of the people I gave the password are currently connected. As well as if anyone unknown is connected that might have guessed my password or hacked in.

Anyone know?

Personal Hotspot client monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.