Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change cell focus after editing contents of a cell?

Similar to tab/shift-tab to move focus a column right/left, respectively. Is there a shortcut to move up/down? I have tried every combination of fn/ctrl keys and can't seem to find this on the shortcuts for Numbers.

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 2:11 PM

7 replies

Sep 12, 2012 2:20 PM in response to Jerrold Green1

Haha, I guess I left out a bit of information, but thank you for the response. I have changed the column to "slider" content. I would like to manually key some of these numbers, but the focus becomes locked on that cell. The only way to change focus is to tab right, then arrow left, then arrow down to focus on the next cell in the column. (or selecting focus with the mouse, which isn't the most efficient)

Sep 13, 2012 7:32 AM in response to Jerrold Green1

Jerrold Green1 wrote:

Badunit wrote:

Or you can hit ESC to break the focus and stay in the cell.

...and cancel the input you just made.

Jerry

My mistake. In most cases it would do as you said. I was doing something a little different than what was posted. I was entering the cell, typing in a number (or using option-return) to give it focus, then using the up/down arrow keys to adjust it before trying to break the focus. I guess I never tried entering a number then hitting esc which, as you said, cancels the change.

How do I change cell focus after editing contents of a cell?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.