Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

go back to snow leopard from mountain lion

i have a macbook pro that i got in 2010 so im pretty sure it came with snow leopard. i recently downloaded mountain lion but i decided i dont like it. is there anyway i can go back to snow leopard? i dont even care at this point if i lose my pictures and music and what not. i dont think i have the snow leopard disc since my laptop came with it. can anyone help?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 8:01 PM

4 replies

Sep 12, 2012 8:04 PM in response to allieeeeee

allieeeeee wrote:

is there anyway i can go back to snow leopard?

How to revert your Mac to Snow Leopard

i dont even care at this point if i lose my pictures and music and what not.

No need to loose them just back them up to a external drive first

i dont think i have the snow leopard disc since my laptop came with it. can anyone help?

Call Apple sales with your computer ID and say you need replacement 10.6 disks.

Sep 12, 2012 8:08 PM in response to allieeeeee

Without having created a Time Machine backup or clone prior to upgrading your OS... not easily. Read Kappy's response to this question here: How do I downgrade from Lion to Snow Leopard

i dont think i have the snow leopard disc since my laptop came with it.

That will be a problem too. You absolutely need your system installation DVD. The topic linked above also has a suggestion regarding obtaining a replacement.

You might be better off determining what it is you don't like about Mountain Lion and go about fixing it. There is probably a solution to your concern.

go back to snow leopard from mountain lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.