Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loss of connection @ loginwindow

Currently using Mountain Lion in an Active Directory environment. Would anyone happen to know why I lose connection with machines when the users logout?

It's currently fine for 10.6 and 10.7 users. I can use ARD to control a machine at the login window, however 10.8 loses the connection...

Thanks,

Configuration-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 1:35 AM

2 replies

Sep 13, 2012 10:10 PM in response to Sinerg1

when the logout or login process completes, dose the connection re-establish it self to the client?

If it dosen't re-connect..

Is the client connected to the network wired or wirelessly? if wirelessly dose the issue go away when connected by ethernet, or moved close to the wireless ourter?

have you tried rebooting the client? dose it make a diffreence?

what about on the client turing off and then back on remote service?

Sep 14, 2012 12:13 AM in response to TeenTitan

Hi TeenTitan,

If the user logouts and I am already remotely connected, then the connection remains fine. Although, if the user has logged out and I try to remote in, this does not work. It's fine with 10.6 and 10.7, that if the computer that we are trying to remote to is presented at the login window, then we can still administer this machine.

Rebooting the computer reacts the same and turning off remote services is the same. It's always the same if the user has logged out and we try to deploy software/scheduled tasks then it will not run. The users have to remain logged in - defeats the purpose!

Thanks.

Loss of connection @ loginwindow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.