Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When will I be able to store more than 160GB on an ipod or iphone ?

I was deeply disappointed by the Apple presentation yesterday, seeing that the max capacity of the iphone 5 will again be 64 GB. I would be willing to pay good money for more than 160 GB. I already have an Android phone and an Android tablet to complement my ipod classic because they are at least expandable. If Apple does not react quickly, I see myself abandoning itunes completely. I have already reduced my purchases on itunes as I get the feeling that Apple does not want to have this segment of music lovers anymore. I belong to the itunes aficionados of the first hour and do not care about more pixels, better cameras asf. I need more storage space and I would be willing to pay for it. I would not mind paying 400 € for 500 GB capacity and continue to download 5-10 music albums per week, but Apple does not give me the option to do so anymore. Do the kids and the others who want to show off with their gadgets really provide a more sustainable business model than those who have stayed with Apple for a decade and more and should have deeper pockets on average. I believe that Apple's downfall will eventually be nasty and nothing compared to what the good old friends at Nokia are experiencing now as this consumer segment is very fickle but there may still be a short time window to react. Does anybody know about Apple's plans in this respect ?

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 1:23 AM

2 replies

When will I be able to store more than 160GB on an ipod or iphone ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.