12 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2014 6:13 AM by Kerryko
dbell47 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

How can I recover deleted notes from my iphone 4s.  They were showing as dupilcates so I deleted one of them then both the original and the duplicate were deleted.  How can I get them back.


iPhone 4S
  • aThanasi Level 2 Level 2 (300 points)

    Try restoring them from a previous iTunes backup maybe. Or follow these directions:

    How to recover notes from iPhone?

  • Congo_1 Level 1 Level 1 (70 points)

    Set up the email on your computer - you will see that you were sent an email for each of your notes.

  • Lwis Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    There are a few good ways to go. I would try them before help others. Check out this guide

    http://www.video-converter-mac.org/recover-notes-from-iphone/
    In my experience the methods in the guide have been as good and many times. Hope it can help you too.

  • Meg St._Clair Level 8 Level 8 (41,940 points)

    Note: the linked page is not simply a guide for recovering notes. It's a page to download software. The software maybe harmless. However, the page is appears to be a Wordpress blog, not that of the software developer. Proceed with caution. I would recommend downloading the software mentioned directly from the developers' sites.

  • antonnia Level 1 Level 1 (75 points)

    After you deleted your notes, you should stop to use the phone and use a recovery software to recover them at once. Or the lost notes will be overwritten.

     

    <Link Edited By Host> 

  • bluesjeam Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Meg St._Clair wrote:

     

    Note: the linked page is not simply a guide for recovering notes. It's a page to download software. The software maybe harmless. However, the page is appears to be a Wordpress blog, not that of the software developer. Proceed with caution. I would recommend downloading the iPhone Data Recovery mentioned directly from the developers' sites.

    If you synced your phone while these notes were still on it and you haven't synced again since they were deleted, you may be able to recover them by restoring your phone to your last backup (the backup includes notes).  This will revert your settings and data to those contained in the backup (not just notes) so be sure to save any more recent data prior to restoring).  To do this to recover deleted notes on iPhone:

     

    Without connecting your phone, open iTunes on your computer and go to Preferences, on the Devices tab check "Prevent...from syncing automatically".

    Connect your phone to your computer, right-click on the name of your phone when it appears in iTunes on the left sidebar and select Restore from Backup, choose your most recent backup to restore from.

    When this finishes you can go back to iTunes>Prerferences>Devices and re-enable automatic syncing.

     

    <Link Edited By Host>

  • mineary Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Meg St._Clair wrote:

     

    Note: the linked page is not simply a guide for how to recover deleted notes on iPhone. It's a page to download software. The software maybe harmless. However, the page is appears to be a Wordpress blog, not that of the software developer. Proceed with caution. I would recommend downloading the software mentioned directly from the developers' sites.

    This will revert your settings and data to those contained in the backup (not just notes) so be sure to save any more recent data prior to restoring).  To do this to recover deleted notes on iPhone:

    Without connecting your phone, open iTunes on your computer and go to Preferences, on the Devices tab check "Prevent...from syncing automatically".

     

    This information really helps me a lot!

  • skyicecool Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    I'm one of the other iPhone user who has just lost my notes while synching with outlook. As it was not backup to iTunes many months ago and not stored in iCloud, can I restore my notes? I have tried many applications for data recovery such as wondershare and etc but all cost a hefty price. I've also tried Easeus but it didn't really help.

     

    Can anyone help suggest a way to recover my notes without using any of this paid data recovery applications? Also why did Apple developed this application where an empty folder would override files in your iPhone? Can they ensure that if it's an empty folder, it will prompt the user that data will be wiped out with the usual "OK" or "Cancel" button.

     

    To think of Apple being a software wizard, this process is not even thought of and many users are being constantly caught with this issue. Can Apple make iOS more for humans?

  • antdude Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

    skyicecool wrote:

     

    I'm one of the other iPhone user who has just lost my notes while synching with outlook. As it was not backup to iTunes many months ago and not stored in iCloud, can I restore my notes? I have tried many applications for data recovery such as wondershare and etc but all cost a hefty price. I've also tried Easeus but it didn't really help.

     

    Can anyone help suggest a way to recover my notes without using any of this paid data recovery applications? Also why did Apple developed this application where an empty folder would override files in your iPhone? Can they ensure that if it's an empty folder, it will prompt the user that data will be wiped out with the usual "OK" or "Cancel" button.

     

    To think of Apple being a software wizard, this process is not even thought of and many users are being constantly caught with this issue. Can Apple make iOS more for humans?

    Did you ever find the answer to this? I am facing the same problem for my client who accidently wiped out his iPhone 4S' Notes due to Exchange account's cloud deletion (DOH!). He does have backups, but we don't want to restore everything! Just Notes!

  • Kerryko Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

    To your situation, you can use iPhone backup extractor or Dr.fone to extract your iTunes backup file or iCloud backup file. Then only choose the notes to recover. If you want an freeware, you can try iskysoft free iphone data recovery. it allows you to recover 10 notes free with the free version.

  • antdude Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

    Kerryko wrote:

     

    To your situation, you can use iPhone backup extractor or Dr.fone to extract your iTunes backup file or iCloud backup file. Then only choose the notes to recover. If you want an freeware, you can try iskysoft free iphone data recovery. it allows you to recover 10 notes free with the free version.

    Thanks. Is there a way to put them back into iPhone?

  • Kerryko Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

    It seems that those software can only recover the deleted notes to the computer but not back into phone. But the Dr.fone can put the recovered messages back into phone, hope they can add that function in the future.