Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV supports subtitles in srt format?

Hello.

I was thinking about purchasing the apple tv and as i live in Portugal basically all the movies we watch need subtitles and usually the subtitles are in srt format.

So i would like to know if the apple is able to stream the movie with the srt subtitle like another media player putting the srt file in the same forlder as the movie and with the same title?

Do you know if the apple tv that shows on the apple site is the apple 1 or 2, because it is not specified?

Thank you

Apple TV, Windows 7

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 8:25 AM

2 replies

Sep 13, 2012 9:50 AM in response to Rudegar

What a shame.

I have an ipad with airplay and i stream my movies through it to my ipad and i can view the movies with the srt subs not embeded on the movie.

As i can use the apple tv to stream from the airplay isn't it possible to watch the movies with the subs if i use airplay to stream to the atv?

Plus can't you view the movies with the ipad with the srt subs not embeded and stream it from the ipad to the atv and this way you can view the movies with subs as well?

I think there are now 3 apple tv versions? Which one appears on the apple site?

Thank you again

Apple TV supports subtitles in srt format?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.