Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

will the iPhone 5 support video out

Any word on if the iPhone 5 will support video out

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 9:20 AM

9 replies

Sep 24, 2012 11:58 PM in response to zidge1751

From what I have read after a brief Google session, the iPhone 5 has no viable hardwired method of video output. There are no Lightning to HDMI adapters, only the legacy 30-pin adapters allow HDMI or even composite video output. The available Lightning adapters DO NOT support video output. So, those of us who rely upon cables to facilitate video output from our phones to an external display are just plain out of luck. Thanks a lot for alienating your customers in a new way, Apple! We don't all have the luxury of having WiFi and an Apple TV at our disposal everywhere we go. It is hoped that you are working on a cabling option for Lightning that will allow video out. Why on earth would you tote the "digital" nature of your new adapter and then cripple it by not allowing video output?!?!

Oct 7, 2012 12:42 PM in response to gargoylz1

Totally agree. This is a BIG issue. My background - 25 years in a mac desktop work environment with major company. Home use - video editing and sharing of video AND purchased downloaded movies from my itunes account. I share these hard earned purchases via iphone to lower income families. Now I cannot share my iphone output video to their low end technology TV's. I DON'T ILLEGALLY COPY. Just show.

Oct 7, 2012 3:24 PM in response to zidge1751

Apple is on the verge of repeating history

With its growing tantrums and seeking useless importance, with extreme complicated sync systems

I know at least 300-400 people age 45-50 sold iPhone & bought Samsung

These age group are not comp savvy, n they need to catch hold of kids to sync any data/song/app/movie, where as in a Samsung they can get do it themselves. It’s just a USB / SD card

Oct 7, 2012 3:24 PM in response to zidge1751

Apple is on the verge of repeating history

With its growing tantrums and seeking useless importance, with extreme complicated sync systems

I know at least 300-400 people age 45-50 sold iPhone & bought Samsung

These age group are not comp savvy, n they need to catch hold of kids to sync any data/song/app/movie, where as in a Samsung they can get do it themselves. It’s just a USB / SD card

will the iPhone 5 support video out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.