Can't be a judge if it'd be good for you, but for me Lion/10.7 was 242 steps backwards from 10.5.8 as far as ease of use.
If you want to switch, (most iDevice users do), then you must get 10.6 first...
First you need to research all the problems people are having with the higher OSX versions, & make sure you have a bootable clone of what you have just in case.
then you must get 10.6 if they still have it, install it & update to 10.6.8 so you have the App Store to buy & download the huge 10.8 Installer.
Snow Leopard/10.6.x Requirements...
* Mac computer with an Intel processor
* 1GB of memory (I say 4GB at least, more if you can afford it)
* 5GB of available disk space (I say 30GB at least)
* DVD drive for installation
* Some features require a compatible Internet service provider; fees may apply.
* Some features require Apple’s MobileMe service; fees and terms apply.
Which apps work with Mac OS X 10.6?...
It's been pulled from the online store & Apple Stores, so you have to call Apple to buy it, last I heard.
Call Apple Sales...in the US: 1-800-MY-APPLE. Or Support... 1-800-275-2273