Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will the ip5 have video out?

So if the adapter does not give you video out, does this mean the ip5 does not support video out at all? Are they just trying to push everything wireless? (and also convienantly make you purchase an apple tv if you want video) I hope this isn't the case. It's already infruriating enough that they introduce a dock connector that with an adapter will not be backwords compatible with many accessories that cost a lot of $$$. Shame on Apple.

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 10:44 AM

4 replies

Sep 13, 2012 10:55 AM in response to KiltedTim

I'm not sure what I am supposed to see on the ip5 spec page. Video and TV apparently is only supported through mirroring. So I'm wondering if there is no video out through the dock connector. Like the ip4s can mirror through the 30 pin connector to hdmi.

I'm not trolling. I honestly think this is a very dumb move by Apple. A lot of people have a lot of money invested in 30 pin accessories that are now worthless. This is a big problem.

If you can't answer my question, then please don't respond.

Sep 13, 2012 11:08 AM in response to bballjames

Every post you've made here has been a rant. You're being a troll.

If you don't see it listed in Apple's specifications or in their official press releases or documents, then you'll just have to wait until it ships to find out.

Whether you think it's a dumb move or not is irrelevant. It is what it is.

If you can't abide by the TOS, then go elsewhere.

Will the ip5 have video out?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.