Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

contacts connecting

When I try to add contact to Contacts it keeps trying to connect to my isp account....why and how do I stop it????

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 12:17 PM

5 replies

Sep 19, 2012 2:48 PM in response to markwmsn

MARK, think we're narrowing it down...there are two accounts....one my isp and the other on my MAC...I've uncliced the enable box....or do I have to eliminate them or at least the isp...since I had it not enabled I thought that would take care of it but when I just checked it it was enabled again...I was a little leary about removing it altoghther.

Disenabling it seemed to do the trick....thanks for you help!!...I obviously have to learn more about iCloud and this sync stuff, but at 74 it's hard to teach me new tricks...thans again.

Sep 19, 2012 6:51 PM in response to Gordon A Bonnel

One thing you do need to know about iCloud is that it does like to have an internet connection active. If your initial reference to "keeps trying to connect to my isp account" means tryng to connect to the internet (as I have been assuming), that would not be unusual.

Another thing you need to know about iCloud is that the contacts in "On My Mac" are not synced to iCloud.

Mark

(only ten years behind you)

contacts connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.