Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where to Pre-order iPhone 5, Apple or Verizon?

Hi, so I plan to pre-order the iPhone 5 tomorrow morning, but I'm not sure where I should do this. I have Verizon, so should I preorder on their website, or Apple's (assuming the website is up and running)? I plan to do this around 6:30 am Central time, so about 4 hours in. Is this soon enough? I'd like to make sure I get it on the 21st.

Also, I'm part of a family plan that we've had on verizon. We have two iPhone 4's both with unlimited because we were allowed to keep it on those phones after they removed unlimited option. The other two phones in the plan are basic phones, and the iPhone 5 will only be replacing one of the basic phones right now. So will it make us change the plan right then and there during preorder from verizon or something? And when we do have to change to a share everything plan, is 6 gb data er month enough for 2 moderate/slightly-heavy data users, one moderate/low data user, and one non-data using basic phone?

Thanks in advance!

-Josh

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 3:00 PM

10 replies

Sep 13, 2012 7:12 PM in response to JoshHProx

Yes, when you upgrade one of your basic phones to the iPhone, all of your lines will lose their unlimited data plans and must sign up for single or shared data plans. I have three family lines - two moderate users and one minimal user - and we haven't exceeded 2GB/mo (we barely hit 1GB, usually) in the past year. If you want to check your own stats, you can log in to your account on verizonwireless.com and view previous billing periods.

On the other hand, I am also trying to decide where the best site to order from is. Probably Apple. I mean, it is their product.

Sep 13, 2012 7:15 PM in response to JoshHProx

You won't have to change your plan just yet. Verizon is giving you the option of keeping your plan & simply adding the $30 2GB data plan to the additional line. However, if you'd like to change your plan they do provide you with an account analysis tool in your My Verizon page. This tool will allow you to see your data trend per line for the last six months. If you're considering changing your plan I'd advise doing so BEFORE you start the preorder process.

Where to Pre-order iPhone 5, Apple or Verizon?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.