Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Waiting over a month for mountain lion up to date code

Has anyone else has such a terrible experience with the Mountain Lion up to date process??

27th July - submit up to date request

15th Aug - go to apple store, told to wait longer

29th Aug - go to apple store, staff member submits a support request on my behalf

29th Aug - get response saying I'd contacted wrong department and to contact up to date program (thanks Apple Store staff)

30th Aug - contact up to date support email

9th Sep - contact up to date support email again

10th Sep - up to date support respond asking for my order details

13th Sep - I supply up to date order details

13th Sep - up to date respond asking for more details to change my contact email address

I know I haven't been the most proactive on this, but please tell me I'm not the only person out there who has suffered such ridiculous customer service from Apple on this up to date program??

I'm aware some people waited up to 3 or 4 days for their codes, at this rate this might take 3 to 4 months... does anyone have any ideas how I can get actually get in touch with Apple and not speak to an idiot??

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 2:41 PM

3 replies

Sep 13, 2012 3:22 PM in response to jmhanley13

Yah, I'm having the same problem. Been working with 4 people on the 800# .. and it's been a disaster. Nobody can figure out what is going on and I've heard every story under the sun but all agree it is something on their side as they can see that I've done everything right.

Apple's phone support is worse than a cable company's. But I'm gonna run up their phone bill to thousands of dollars as it would have been cheaper for them to just grant me the $20 upgrade that I was owed.

Waiting over a month for mountain lion up to date code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.