Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what does it cost to replace an iphone

is there such a thing as a replacement cost for an iphone. I was under the impression that if you broke it you had to pay full value for the phone. If you have apple care it costs $95 for the plan and $50 to replace a phone unless it has been stolen.

Someone recently told me that it costs $200 to replace a phone if you do not have coverage. Is this true.

Seems to undermine the need and value for apple care....

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 5:16 PM

3 replies

Sep 13, 2012 6:22 PM in response to carl wolf

Ok, I get that but now there is a $50 deductable to replace an in warranty phone? So you are essentially gambling over a $65 cost difference if you happen to need a replacement? After two years you would be out of warranty anyway and have to pay full price for a reacement. Just doesn't seem like the AppleCare is worth the cost. Just my opinion.

Sep 13, 2012 7:08 PM in response to mtbaehr

AppleCare+ extends the warranty from one year to two years.

So, if a manufacturing defect turns up 23 months (or any point before two years) into ownership, Apple will replace the device at no cost to the user.

If at any point during that two year period the device is damaged or fails due to user abuse (dropped, gets wet, etc) it can be replaced for the $50 accidental damage surcharge.

Without AppleCare+ if the device fails due to user damage, the replacement cost is $199US for the 4S and presumably the 5 ($149US for older models).

If you are careful with your devices and take care of them, AppleCare+ may very well be unncessary.

On the other hand, if you're a total klutz and constantly dropping your device, it might be a worthy investment.

what does it cost to replace an iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.