Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where to Pre-Order iPhone 5? Apple or Verizon? Verizon Plan?

Hi, so I plan to pre-order the iPhone 5 tomorrow morning, but I'm not sure where I should do this. I have Verizon, so should I preorder on their website, or Apple's (assuming the website is up and running)? I plan to do this around 6:30 am Central time, so about 4 hours in. Is this soon enough? I'd like to make sure I get it on the 21st.

Also, I'm part of a family plan that we've had on verizon. We have two iPhone 4's both with unlimited because we were allowed to keep it on those phones after they removed unlimited option. The other two phones in the plan are basic phones, and the iPhone 5 will only be replacing one of the basic phones right now. So will it make us change the plan right then and there during preorder from verizon or something? And when we do have to change to a share everything plan, is 6 gb data er month enough for 2 moderate/slightly-heavy data users, one moderate/low data user, and one non-data using basic phone?

Thanks in advance!

-Josh

(Both Verizon and Apple pre-orders I'm talking about are online.)

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 6:31 PM

3 replies

Sep 13, 2012 6:43 PM in response to JoshHProx

All of those sites will be available for order processing at 12:01 am Pacific Daylight Time. However, your transaction sounds as if it will be somewhat complicated. You might expect that your order may be too complex to process via the on-line service and that you'll have to actually go to a Verizon store on the 21st to transact your arrangement.

Where to Pre-Order iPhone 5? Apple or Verizon? Verizon Plan?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.