Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes sort order options?

i am trying to figure out if there is a way to manually order the lists in notes or to otherwise force it to be in alphabetical order.

right now i am going through the process of pre-pending 00, 01, 02 etc to the notes so they will sort in an order that i need and i am finding that they don't sort in alphabetical order and won't move "manually".

is the /only/ order here one that relates to when you last editited it or something?

< sigh >

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1), with 64 bit Win7 Parallels

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 7:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 7:50 PM

Yes, I'm quite sure the only sort possibility within Notes is when they were last edited.

Alternatively, you can drag them from Notes to somewhere else (e.g., a folder you create for this purpose) and sort them however you like.

6 replies

Notes sort order options?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.