Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 take away

I'm going to New York later this year and are contemplating to buy an Iphone 5 to bring home to Stockholm, as this would save me a few bucks. I'm aware the phone must not be tied to any specific service provider but are there are any other technical problems involved?

Thankful for help.

Rgds Stefan

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 8:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 8:55 PM

If a warranty issue arises it can only be dealt with in the USA and that might be a problem for you in Sweden

9 replies

Sep 21, 2012 8:28 AM in response to KiltedTim

Hi KiltedTim and others,

Don't know about other countries, but Apple in Sweden reconfirms (on calling them a second time) that they are embracing the Apple warranty on iPhone 5 as on all other Apple products, irrespective of country of purchase, provided an original Apple Store receipt is held by the customer. One limitation on their part however, is that they carry spares for the hardware on phones sold in Sweden only, i.e. should another versions of a component be required, they may not be able to repair.

Read in the morning paper today that the large Swedish service providers are considering to adapt network frequencies in support of the iPhone 5 LTE requirements. So we'll see.

Rgds Stefan

Sep 21, 2012 8:37 AM in response to neus32

That's nice for them. READ the warranty paperwork. If Sweden is an EU member country, they are probably referring to the fact that the EU is considered one country for warranty purposes.

Now... since Apple does NOT repair iPhones, they only replace them, the fact that the Apple Store in Sweden only carries spares to replace Swedish phones kind of makes that "international warranty" thing pointless... doesn't it?

Sep 21, 2012 8:59 AM in response to KiltedTim

I agree this may not be water proof - so I will have to consider the risk of having to send one or two phones back to the country of purchase in order to be replaced. I my case that's no big problem since I travel all the time - and well worth the risk - considering the price diff of the four phones I need.

Iphone 5 take away

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.