Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air 1.6Ghz 2GB

My Macbook Air is currently on SL 10.6.8 and works great. Probably faster than when it was on Leopard.

Will upgrading to Mountain Lion or at least Lion cause me any problems with regards to heat and/or performance ?

It's a late 2008 Macbook Air (compatible with Mountain Lion) 1.6Ghz Core2Duo, 2GBs RAM and 120GB hard drive (NOT SSD).

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 11:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 2:46 AM

With only 2GB and a standard hard drive I'd recommend against Mt Lion. 2GB is the minimum required and that truly is a minimum. Lion would be acceptable but you'd notice that it was a bit slower than your Snow Leopard is now.

In the past I've recommended to several friends and colleagues with the same computer as yours to stay with Snow Leopard unless they had an absolute need to use Lion.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2012 2:46 AM in response to Dougal222

With only 2GB and a standard hard drive I'd recommend against Mt Lion. 2GB is the minimum required and that truly is a minimum. Lion would be acceptable but you'd notice that it was a bit slower than your Snow Leopard is now.

In the past I've recommended to several friends and colleagues with the same computer as yours to stay with Snow Leopard unless they had an absolute need to use Lion.

Macbook Air 1.6Ghz 2GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.