Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

polar h7 monitor not paring with iphone bluetooth

polar H7 monitor not paring with iphone 4s bluetooth ??????

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 1:57 AM

32 replies

Jan 20, 2013 9:56 AM in response to maripelleg

Just set mine up with I Phone 5 using Polar Beat App. Free in I Tunes

As mentioned the pairing is in the App. Worked seamlessly.

Using mine on road bike. Great addition as it displays right on your I phone, and gives you feeback

along the way . e.g. Mileage, average Heart rate

At end of workout , it posts the results right into www.polartrainer.com without having to do anything.

You need to set up a free account there first.

Great graphical presentation of results.

I am a long time polar user, and previously had to load this type of data off my wristwatch type HRM via infrared

set up. Now its done for me without effort.

I can still go in and rename things to fit my desire e.g. name of cycling/walking/running route.

Well done polar and THANK YOU Apple for making life/excercise more enjoyable.

Apr 2, 2013 9:38 AM in response to elderdragonlord

I have an iPhone 5 and purchased the Polar H7 Bluetooth heart rate monitor. paired it and it worked GREAT for 2 workouts. tried again a day later and it will not pair again. I removed the POLAR Beat App and reloaded and tried to pair again but no luck. I have tried to also pair to other APps like Endomondo and Digifit and while it paired fine last week - it willno longer pair.

Whether related or not - I have also had issues pairing to my 2013 Hyundai Elantra since last week... Coincidence... I think not.. What are my options?

Jan 20, 2014 3:55 PM in response to SimonT.SG

My H7 worked great for many months then suddenly stopped working during a bike ride in the mountains .

I figure the battery was wearing down plus the drop in temp caused even more of an energy drop and it would not connect. New battery and still no connection, tried many attempts and different batteries but still no results. Trying to contact POLAR was a waste of time and they blame it on the iPhone.

Turns out that when you change batteries you need to short out the internal battery connectors to completely discharge the unit or wait for it to discharge on it's own. After doing this the H7 finally paired again with all the apps that can use it on my phone.

Thanks to an Amazon.com reviewer who left this info on a review.

Mar 23, 2014 10:34 AM in response to maripelleg

Polar Beat 1.4 and IOS 7.1. Polar Beat on an Iphone 4S worked fine for many months with Polar H7 until Friday. Under settings it says HR sensor not active. The Polar H7 and the ID number show in Polar Beat but will not connect. Polar H7 still works with a Polar FT40 so the belt is giving off a signal. Very frustrating. Polar H7 will not connect with other apps such as Endomondo. Tried a number of the above, but with no success.

Sep 14, 2014 5:20 AM in response to R. Lucas

I'm having the same problem except unlike most of you I haven't been able to get mine working even once!

I've never shorted out an electrical item before, I was wondering if someone could explain how it is done please? I've tried taking a metal paper clip and holding it to what I think is the main contact in the middle (the one that's raised and gets pressed down when the battery is enclosed), and what I think is the other contact which is a small metal piece on the side of the battery wall

I'm using iPhone 5 with the latest software update, Polar Beat app and the Polar H7

Starting to seriously regret my buying decision on this one 😟

polar h7 monitor not paring with iphone bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.