Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

activation apple tv 3

Hi, when i go to : setting>general>information at the bootn list is " Activation : Failed " ...

But the apple tv work fine... What means and how i can activated?

Thank

Apple TV, iOS 5.1.1, Apple Tv 3

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 3:34 AM

11 replies

Oct 6, 2012 2:13 AM in response to dewieger

Well to whom it may concerns, the way I got rid of activation failed is by reseting the APTV and connecting it to a different Internet provider.What I have done is I switched on the personal hotspot on the iPhone to use the 3G internet connection and made the APTV connects to it. It activated successfully without any hussles.

Regards,

Dec 2, 2012 10:28 PM in response to dewieger

I finally got around to manually restoring my third generation Apple TV to 5.1.1 manually, which I ironically had to do via iTunes 10 in Windows since iTunes 11 for OS X seems to have a bug finding Apple TV to Restore it. I had hoped that 5.1.1 would fix the glitches caused by 5.1:

• Unable to update to 5.1.1
  • "Activation Failed" message under About menu
  • Unable to connect to Photo Stream
  • Loading Podcasts Favorites hella slow
  • Unable to play Podcasts that work on my second generation Apple TV

As dewieger mentioned, connecting my 3rd gen Apple TV to my LAN via Wi-Fi, as opposed to Ethernet seems to have solved the issues in the last four bullet points. I wonder if it would have solved the update problem too. It seems like there's an Ethernet bug with Apple TV 5.x, as it worked fine prior to any Software Updates. 😝

Thanks!

activation apple tv 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.