Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

commercial photography methods.

I want to photography and edit some products in a commercial shoot. I know in Photoshop it is possible to cut out the main subject and project this onto a plain white background. Is this possible to do on Aperture or anything like this? What is an ideal way to creat a commercial product image?

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 6:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 6:59 AM

As far as I know, Aperture 3 is not the right tool for that. You can achieve extraction with Perfect Mask (a plug-in by OnOneSoftware). Anyway I would rather go Photoshop instead...

2 replies

Sep 14, 2012 9:09 AM in response to al-cymru-bailey

Aperture does not have layers, is not a graphics package, and does not do anything with chromakey or compositing, and is therefore, as David AM states, not the right software for what you want to do. Any graphics program -- they are designed from the ground up as compositors -- can do what you want. Photoshop is the most famous, but many here use and recommend Pixelmator and GIMP.

Aperture is a photographer's workflow tool for converting (from RAW), organizing, developing (making each Image as appropriate to your needs as possible), and publishing digital camera files.

For combining an image with another image, or with text or shapes or anything else, you need a graphics program. Basic combinations -- borders, simple text -- are available with plug-ins (viz.: BorderFX). Complex combinations require a more robust graphics program. Most Aperture users assign one to Aperture's "External Editor" function.

commercial photography methods.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.