Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whoosh sound in my macbook pro

Hello eveyone,

After I uploades my macbook pro to Mountain Lion I noticed that now there is a Whoosh sound the keeps playing it several times a day, and I want to make it stop. Can anybody help me with that?

Thanks

Wikira

MacBook Pro, Mac OSX 10.8.1

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 11:12 AM

Wikira wrote:

Hello eveyone,

After I uploades my macbook pro to Mountain Lion I noticed that now there is a Whoosh sound the keeps playing it several times a day, and I want to make it stop. Can anybody help me with that?

Thanks

Wikira

If this is related to sending emails, then you can turn off the send sound: Mail > Preferences > General. Now uncheck Play sounds for other mail actions.

If this is related to iMessage, then iMessage > Preferences > Alerts > uncheck Play a sound:

If the " whoosh" sound continues, System Preferences > Audio > Sound Effects. Uncheck Play user interface sound effects.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2012 11:12 AM in response to Wikira

Wikira wrote:

Hello eveyone,

Thanks

Wikira

If this is related to sending emails, then you can turn off the send sound: Mail > Preferences > General. Now uncheck Play sounds for other mail actions.

If this is related to iMessage, then iMessage > Preferences > Alerts > uncheck Play a sound:

If the " whoosh" sound continues, System Preferences > Audio > Sound Effects. Uncheck Play user interface sound effects.

Whoosh sound in my macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.