Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBook Help!!!!!!!

hi, i currently have an iBook G4 and have all the latest software updates, however it wont update my itunes to the newest version. every time i click on check for updates, it says I need one, it goes to download and says no software needed. Help please!!

iBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 10:48 AM

Hi, and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

The last version of iTunes that can be used with a Mac which has a PowerPC processor is iTunes 10.6.3.

If you have iTunes 10.6.3 installed, there is no further iTunes update for you. Newer versions of iTunes require a Mac with an Intel processor (such as a MacBook, MacBook Pro, or MacBook Air).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2012 10:48 AM in response to Lost in Apple World

Hi, and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

The last version of iTunes that can be used with a Mac which has a PowerPC processor is iTunes 10.6.3.

If you have iTunes 10.6.3 installed, there is no further iTunes update for you. Newer versions of iTunes require a Mac with an Intel processor (such as a MacBook, MacBook Pro, or MacBook Air).

iBook Help!!!!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.