Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 Order Processing Email

I preordered my iPhone 5 @ 3:40AM (EST) got an processing order email at 3:51(EST) saying delivers 9/21. However when I check my order status it says 2 weeks. Is anyone else having this issue? I have tried to call Apple but as everyone knows they are not taking calls today

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 1:41 PM

31 replies

Sep 15, 2012 10:07 AM in response to ChromeDreams

Why I had the EXACT same problem that you have my confirmation/receipt email clearly states that I WILL HAVE DELIVERY ON 9/21!!!! Now when I check the order status online it says it won't ship for 2 WEEKS for a delivery of 10/5 !! ***, I called Apple yesterday and got a generic "sorry" from the rep. That just doesn't cut it!! I expect better from Apple, if all through the ordering process, the receipt page, and the confirmation email all clearly state I will get my IPhone 5 on 9/21, then that is exactly what you are promising me! I ordered my moms new iPhone 5 2 minutes before mine and guess what? her phone is ready for shipment and will be delivered 9/21.

There has to be something that can be done on Apples part to rectify or amend for this royal middle finger they have given me. Sorry if I sound really angry but I'm upset, I ordered my new iPhone 5 at exactly 12:51a EDT and got my confirmation email at 12:52a so it's not like I waited hours after Pre-ordering started to make my order. I set my alarm for 11:45p to get up and get my order in, even though I had to get up at 4a that morning for a 12 hour shift.

Please, what else can I do???

Sep 15, 2012 10:26 AM in response to kgipp

Sorry that was a typo on my part. I'm here in California so 12:51 Pacific Time lol. Geez my emotions are all over the place, I guess I could keep trying to call Apple but yesterday I was on hold for 35 minutes just to have the rep give me her monotone answer of "sorry, do you want to cancel your order?"

My problem is that if at 12:51 Pacific time :) when I went to order through Apple it said "ship in 2 weeks" I could have easily stopped the ordering process, hopped over to AT&T website and ordered there for a delivery of 9/21 since I know that had that delivery date available a lot longer than Apple. But no, Apple gave me the reassurance well after I ordered that I would be getting my iPhone 5 by 9/21. Bait and switch...

Sep 15, 2012 10:41 AM in response to rubydat98

Haha, you guys all need to calm down. Be realists please. Apple cannot please everyone, they are receiving millions of orders from all over the world for their new phones, not to mention other people that come to the site and want to order something else and something else and something else, they are swamped. sab62185 You ordered too late, I ordered at 12:10am PST to ENSURE that I would get on the high end of the pecking order, its your own fault for going through apple TOO LATE which millions of other people were doing. Also I have heard of your situation already about people preordering 2 new iphones and believe that apple gives the priority shipping date on the first and the 2nd is pushed back a little just to be fair to the previously stated millions of others that just want 1 personal phone. Therefore you have to have a wee bit of patience, I think you will live through this considering that you have been waiting at least a few months for this release.

Sep 15, 2012 10:51 AM in response to Ky C.

I was trying to access the apple online store before it hit 12:01a, and I continued to get the message that the apple store would be back up soon. Every couple seconds I would refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, until it finally came online around 12:45a and this is my fault??? At the same time I was trying to access AT&T website which kept coming up with errors, would not sign on to my account, on hold with AT&T customer service, as well as on hold on my cell phone with apple. Can you say multitasking??? All I'm asking is that if you can adhear to the date you gave me, LET ME KNOW so that I can take advantage of my alternatives. I looked up their policies regarding shipping, and it states that if the shipping date changes that they will notify you. I have yet to get that courtesy email, nope I had to find out by looking up my order status online to see if it had begun the shipping process like my mothers order.

iPhone 5 Order Processing Email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.