Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

flashing amber light but internet is working

On the Airport Extreme, the light is flashing amber but the Internet is working. Why is it flashing amber?

Airport extreme-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 3:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 3:37 PM

Open AirPort Utility. Select the Extreme. It will tell you what the problem is.

4 replies

Jul 14, 2013 6:10 PM in response to becky31401

Just had the same problem with my 2 week old new Airport Extreme. Everything is working properly but the blinking amber light was worrying me. Someone here in the forum mentioned something about that it could be a firmware update notice indication. I went down to my iMac and sure enough there was an Airport Utility update available. I installed it on my computer and then went to the Airport Utility under the Utilities Folder and the Airport Utility popped up with an amber light flashing. I clicked on the amber light and it informed me that a firmware update was ready to be installed for my Airport Extreme. After the install, I was up and running again with a solid green light and all systems are a GO.

flashing amber light but internet is working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.