Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i make a backup of all my ipad content(less5Gb) in icloud??

Hi, please help!!

i want to restore my ipad, as it is going crazy most of the times. it start to open apps, minimize, maximize, etc.

so i need to make a backup, but i dont want to do it on my comp. the question is:

can i make a backup in icloud?? i have tried several times, to syncronize. i even force the backup. but when i go into icloud.com, none of the photos, mails, contacts, etc.. are there!!

can somebody help?? any suggestion??

MacBook (13-inch Aluminum Late 2008), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 4:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 4:48 PM

You can backup to iCloud but read this for more information and make sure that you read the relevant links in the article as well. Not all of your iPad content may be backed up to iCloud so you know what is and what isn't backed up.

How to backup

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766

Have you tried rebooting your iPad?

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2012 4:48 PM in response to aaadriannn

You can backup to iCloud but read this for more information and make sure that you read the relevant links in the article as well. Not all of your iPad content may be backed up to iCloud so you know what is and what isn't backed up.

How to backup

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766

Have you tried rebooting your iPad?

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons.

Sep 20, 2012 11:40 AM in response to AnaMusic

Ana,

"So what exactly does iCloud Backup take care of? According to Apple, your device’s settings; app data; the Home screen and how your apps are organized; photos and videos in the Camera Roll; iMessage, SMS, and MMS messages; and ringtones will all be uploaded."

i think the photos must be in the "photo stream" section. but how to make that if the photos were taken before i activated the streaming-icloud!!!??

in the other hand, icloud.com does not show any Photo icon!!

Sep 24, 2012 8:16 AM in response to aaadriannn

ok, just to let you all know !!

i decided to completly restore my ipad, and erase all content etc(i just did the normal icloud backup before)

after restore, it was obviously empty(like new). i then pull back the backup(from icloud to my just restored ipad)

everything was there!! even the photos, that weren't in the photo stream!!!

so just sharing my experience!! thanks everyone!!

can i make a backup of all my ipad content(less5Gb) in icloud??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.