Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find the %appdata% through bootcamp?

So I want to find the Roaming folder (%appdata%) through bootcamp, but the thing is, how? I've looked all over my windows acount through bootcamp! Please Help!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 7:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 12:18 PM

Here is an odd but elegant solution - I wanted to access the %appdata% folder to dig out the roaming folder and copy a Minecraft save file... I did this by

Opening Text Edit and then File -> Open to create a dialogue box...

then I navigated to the Bootcamp Partition from the dialogue box and pressed Command-Shift-Period this shows Hidden files

At last I could see the files I was looking for.... but how could I access them, Text Edit surely could not open them...

Well I simple dragged them from the dialogue box to my desktop to copy them and then closed the text edit window...

Thanks Apple drag and drop rocks.....

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2012 12:18 PM in response to mrRobertman

Here is an odd but elegant solution - I wanted to access the %appdata% folder to dig out the roaming folder and copy a Minecraft save file... I did this by

Opening Text Edit and then File -> Open to create a dialogue box...

then I navigated to the Bootcamp Partition from the dialogue box and pressed Command-Shift-Period this shows Hidden files

At last I could see the files I was looking for.... but how could I access them, Text Edit surely could not open them...

Well I simple dragged them from the dialogue box to my desktop to copy them and then closed the text edit window...

Thanks Apple drag and drop rocks.....

How do I find the %appdata% through bootcamp?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.