Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a MacBook in which the in speaker mutes automatically for few seconds and the sound comes back. even when I am not playing any kind of video or audio the speaker icon on the on the dock shows the speaker muting and coming back. how can I resolve

the speaker of my macbook mutes all at a sudden for few seconds automatically and comes back even the speaker icon which is on top right side of the computer also shows mute at this point. and when the volume of the speaker is pressed at this moment it shows locked symbol of the speaker. Kindly help how to resolve this. I am not sure but recently I did install leopard to upgrade my computer does this effect the problem with my speaker.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8), installed snow leopard recently

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 10:13 PM

There are no replies.

I have a MacBook in which the in speaker mutes automatically for few seconds and the sound comes back. even when I am not playing any kind of video or audio the speaker icon on the on the dock shows the speaker muting and coming back. how can I resolve

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.