Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4 Media MP4 Converter 6

I have purchased the above software & been using it fine up until recently when the program icon has been replaced in my dock by a question mark "?". And now the software wont launch.

I'm using this on my iMac 27 which is running OS x version 10.8.

Any idea's why this piece of software has stoped working??

Thanks

JPG

iMac 27"

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 12:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 7:25 AM

When a Dock icon changes to a question mark, it usually means that the associated program has been moved.

Can you launch the program from Launchpad or from the Application folder? If not, what happens when you try?

5 replies

Sep 15, 2012 8:51 AM in response to markwmsn

Hi yes i can launch it from LaunchPad & it works!! Which is great I've removed the "?" & added the program again & its working fine. Thanks for your help!!

I've never used LaunchPad before & while scrolling through I can see a number of programs duplicated, namely

2x keynote

2x Numbers

2x Pages

Plus....

2x Excel although they have slightly different looking icons

2x Word although they have slightly different looking icons

2x PowerPoint although they have slightly different looking icons

Do you have any idea why?

Should I try to trash one version??

Sep 15, 2012 9:01 AM in response to JPGUK

The usual explanation is that there are multiple copies of those programs found on your Mac, perhaps on a backup copy of your system (but not Time Machine copies). The slightly different icons might come from an earlier version of Office.

For example, if you still have a disk attached with a copy of Snow Leopard with Office 2004, that would do it. So would Lion with Office 2008, assuming Office 2011 is installed on your Mountain Lion system.

4 Media MP4 Converter 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.