Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clean Install Logic Pro 9.0.x on Mountain Lion

Hi!

3 years ago (2009) I used an Apple upgrade bundle to move from Logic Express to Logic Pro on my iMac. Since then I've updated Logic Pro to the latest version on my iMac running under Lion. Now I've got a new MacBookPro + MountainLion and wanted to move everything including Logic Pro on my new machine. I was told it's no good idea to use the Migration Assistant for moving LogicPro but do a clean install instead.

Now I'm sitting hear wondering weather the 3 year old upgrade bundle will make a nice clean install. It will install a version (9.0.x I suppose) that doesn't even run under Lion nor will work under Mountain Lion. And it might look for a previously installed Logic Express and find none. So, what should I do?

Thx for your help! 😊

Logic Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1), MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 1:55 AM

8 replies

Sep 15, 2012 2:47 AM in response to McLight

Because 9 Discs means you have the Full and Complete package and will be able to do the Clean Install...

Which is Definately the way to go...

Have the Serial Number for the Express and the Upgrade handy when you Install, you may be asked for them...

After the Successful Install... go here > http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1014

and Download the Latest Update for Logic and Install it...

Restart your Mac... Open Logic and away you go...

Cheers

Sep 21, 2012 1:56 AM in response to AnaMusic

Ok - it's done and all went well. I'll like to add the following observations/tips:

1. The DVDs work under Mountain Lion (ML) (... and I've never heard of installation DVDs needing Rosetta ;-)
  2. During the installation you'll be asked for you license number of Logic Pro. Shortly after that you're asked in a similar manner again, but - although the installation program don't explicitly tell - this time you have to enter the license number of the previous Logic Express software (the one I used to upgrade from). At first I thought I've made a mistake when entering the Logic Pro number and it took me some time to find out, that I'd done correctly but need the Express number now.
  3. After the DVD installation you'll find everything on your computer (Logic Pro, Mainstage, Wave Burner, Compressor etc.) but Logic Pro will be "crossed out" (the "forbidden sign" shines over it).
  4. Next run the standard upgrade procedure via the apple-menu. This will produce at least 3 updates (Logic Pro, Wave Burner, Mainstage). After running those the "crossed out" sign was gone and I could run Logic Pro.
  5. My Logic Pro startet in 32-bit mode and I had to switch it to 64-bit manually.

Here are the corresponding screenshots:

Successfull DVD-Installation:

User uploaded file

Logic Pro being "crossed out" after DVD-Installation:

User uploaded file

Lot's of new stuff (beginning with the Q-Master) - but no Logic Pro:

User uploaded file

Running the conventional App-Updater from the Apple-menu produces several updates:

User uploaded file

After running the updates Logic Pro is available too:

User uploaded file

Ok - that's it. Special thx @ AnaMusic - you've put me right on track! :-)

Clean Install Logic Pro 9.0.x on Mountain Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.