Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove age from birthday notification: I don't know the years most of my contacts were born, so I keep getting a default year 2000 birthdate. How can I turn off the age (xxth birthday) in Birthday Calendar - it really is very annoying!

I don't know the years most of my contacts were born, so I keep getting a default year 2000 birthdate.

How can I turn off the age (xxth birthday) in Birthday Calendar - it really is very annoying!?

Thanks

Tim

Mountain Lion Calendar-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1), MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 4:03 AM

9 replies

Nov 10, 2013 7:27 AM in response to adsterix

Where do you see the default birthday showing as Nov. 30? If you can explain that, I can probably modify the below script to do that clean up.

In response to the original problem:

I'm not sure why I missed the original reply, but here is an Applescript that will change all the years of any selected contacts to 1604 (default for no year).

tell application "Contacts"

set thePeople to selection

repeat with aPerson in thePeople

set theDate to birth date of aPerson

if theDate is not missing value then

set the year of theDate to 1604

set birth date of aPerson to theDate

end if

end repeat

end tell

copy and paste it into a new Applescript Editor document. Select all the contacts you want to change (in Contacts), then run this script by clicking on the green Run button in Applescript Editor.

Nov 11, 2013 4:03 AM in response to Barney-15E

Barney

This sounds great - thank you!

Now I've upgraded to Mavericks, it seems to have sorted it out ...in case it hasn't:

Before I run it, some of my 3500 contacts have the correct year and some do not.

The pattern is like this : those that are incorrect have 2000 as their year of birth, those that have different years are correct.

So I think that I only need to change these ones, can we adapt the Applescript to do this?

Thanks

Tim

Nov 11, 2013 10:44 AM in response to timnorman1

Do you have any legitimate dates that are 2000? If so, you'd have to remove them from the selection, or go back in and edit them after the fact.

tell application "Contacts"

set thePeople to selection

repeat with aPerson in thePeople

set theDate to birth date of aPerson

if theDate is not missing value and year of theDate is 2000 then

set the year of theDate to 1604

set birth date of aPerson to theDate

end if

end repeat

save

end tell

Feb 7, 2016 3:25 AM in response to Barney-15E

It's possible to enable the age in birthday notification also in italian OS X?

Now the notification show like this.

User uploaded file

An other question.

The first notification is the BirthdayCalendar of contacts app

The second notification is the gMail Calendar subscription.

The apple calendar notification put the name after the string "Compleanno di ... " and the result is the name truncate.

It's possible to best this notification?

Thanks.

Remove age from birthday notification: I don't know the years most of my contacts were born, so I keep getting a default year 2000 birthdate. How can I turn off the age (xxth birthday) in Birthday Calendar - it really is very annoying!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.