Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro vs MacBook Air

The age old question, I know. But I'm off to university in 2 weeks and am getting either a 13 inch MacBook Pro or MacBook Air.

If I went with the Air, these would be the specs:

• 1.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor
  • Turbo Boost up to 2.8GHz
  • 4GB memory
  • 256GB flash storage
  • Intel HD Graphics 4000

and the MacBook Pro:

• 2.9GHz dual-core Intel Core i7
  • Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
  • 8GB 1600MHz memory
  • 750GB 5400-rpm hard drive
  • Intel HD Graphics 4000

both of which cost £1249 which is my dilemma.

I am going to be a humble student and will need to necessities like iWork + iLife to run along with MS Office, casual Photoshop and casual gaming (I've seen Diablo 3 perform on both as well as StarCraft II so gaes like these and WarCraft perhaps) along with all of the other casual PC uses: music, photo storage and consumption, web browsing, email, FaceTime and all the stuff ever Mac can do.

Now, I'm going to be at uni for 3 years but might sell in a year depending on what's on offer.

More bang for my buck with the Pro but the Air has a higher resolution and less glare screen and is superbly thin and more beautiful than the Pro.

I don't know how much I'm going to be moving the MacBook around but I don't think that's an issue with the 13 inch models and the 15 inch are out of my price range.

Any advice is welcomed! Someone out there please help me decide on which to go for!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 9:56 AM

1 reply

MacBook Pro vs MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.