Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Stream Sincs the Original File?

I was looking at my photos, and I realise that file weight is lighter than the original in Photo Stream

Did anyone realise this to?

Photo stream is realy great to sync and back up images. But now I'm little disappointed. I want to save my pics in the best quality I can.

Does anyone know if there is a way to sync the original file.

iCloud -OTHER

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 10:21 AM

2 replies

Jul 5, 2015 6:12 AM in response to Winston Churchill

I have a question related to this that I was hoping you could help me with. I have been using iCloud Photo Library, but have been using the "Optimize iPhone Storage" setting. My understanding was that this would keep optimized versions on my iPhone, while keeping full-resolution originals in iCloud. I have not been using Photos for Mac. I would like to save full-resolution copies of my images in iCloud and back them up to an external drive. When I try to do this, it is questionable as to whether I am getting the full-resolution original image to download to my computer via iCloud.com. When I download a particular image for example, the file size is 1.4 MB. When I try to email that same image from my camera roll on the phone, it is 2.8 MB. The same happens over and over again. Another downloaded image was 2.8 MB, but the same image emailed from the phone (as the original of course) was 5.6 MB. I can't really figure out what is happening here, and I don't know what file sizes to trust. I'm just really concerned at this point about maintaining the integrity of my original images. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Photo Stream Sincs the Original File?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.