Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My son just bought an old ipod shuffle. When I connect it to my mac, it does not appear in the "device section." I only see it in the finder and cannot manage it there. What to do?!?!? THANKS for your time!

My son just bought an old ipod shuffle. When I connect it to my mac, it does NOT show up in the "device section." How can I manage it? It does show up in Finder, but it does not show me the songs currently on it. What can I do? Please help my son! THANK YOU for your time!

iPod shuffle, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 11:19 AM

7 replies

Sep 16, 2012 8:12 PM in response to planb77

Okay, I tried to use the disk utility. I erased, but cannot restore. It still does not appear in itunes, so I cannot resotre it.

I will try ad use another PC and see if I can get it to recognize it. Maybe I should have tried that first. Oh well, I cannot change that. Have to put the kids to bed and I will get back to you. 🙂THANK YOU for your time!

My son just bought an old ipod shuffle. When I connect it to my mac, it does not appear in the "device section." I only see it in the finder and cannot manage it there. What to do?!?!? THANKS for your time!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.