Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why have I got a folder with "previous applications"

On my iTunes external HDD I have discovered a folder called "previous mobile applications", and then another folder under iTunes Media with Mobile applications.

I looked inside the "previous mobile applications" and it has for e.g., 6 versions of the same app.

Why is iTunes keeping these? Can I just delete the folder? its taking up 2.6Gb at the moment.

I'm on a iMac with Mountain Lion, using latest version of all apps as of today.

cheers

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 11:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 5:34 PM

Trash is not supported on AFP mounted shares. The symptom you see is therefore likely a side effect of this. (c)

As for me It's benediction. Developers often provide buggy updates of thier apps or perhaps you have obsolete apple iOS device (like iPhone 2G, 3G etc., or iPad of the first generation) — in Previous Mobile Applcation folder you can always find previous ver of the app and install it instead of buggy one or unsupported by your device.

After all you can purge this folder from time to time or even delete it (but it's gonna be created again during the next update).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2012 5:34 PM in response to the loc-man

Trash is not supported on AFP mounted shares. The symptom you see is therefore likely a side effect of this. (c)

As for me It's benediction. Developers often provide buggy updates of thier apps or perhaps you have obsolete apple iOS device (like iPhone 2G, 3G etc., or iPad of the first generation) — in Previous Mobile Applcation folder you can always find previous ver of the app and install it instead of buggy one or unsupported by your device.

After all you can purge this folder from time to time or even delete it (but it's gonna be created again during the next update).

Why have I got a folder with "previous applications"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.