Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Game Center login

We recently upgraded the software on our ipod. When it backed the device up, it apparently only backed up the picures. Now I am trying to reinstall everything but when I login to game center, it log's me in as my iphone user. I just want to ask apple what email goes with my game center ipod ID as nothing has worked. When I contact support it tells me I will have to pay $27 to talk with someone. Does anyone know where to go on the support page to find out what my game center username is under??? Please help!

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 2:08 PM

Maybe here:

iOS: Using Game Center

7 replies

Sep 21, 2012 2:22 AM in response to lllaass

I have had a simular problem,

for some reason the games center signed out and when i signed back in it asked me to create a new nickname, starting again. This means that all my dragonvale scores and progress has gone, although my friends can still see it under my original nickname. how can I find out why my apple id is no longer contected to this nickname. otherwise i have to completely start again.

please help as really unhappy about this

Sep 21, 2012 9:55 PM in response to erinkof

We are having the same problem. My husband hasn't updated his iOS yet, but I went to try a game on his phone and it said he had to log into game center. I clicked on it, it made me accept the new terms and conditions, and then he was signed out. When I tried signing him back in, it made me update the password info, which I did. Then upon attempting to log in to the Game Center, it says this Apple ID has not been used with game center before! I went through his emails, and found all of his friend requests to that email, which is indeed the same one he uses for game center (we have one Apple ID that we use for the App store so all of our devices are in sync, but each have separate ID's for game center and the like) It says to pick a new Game Center nickname, and obviously his real one WHICH IS ASSOCIATED WITH THAT EMAIL ALREADY is taken.

I tried deleting him as a friend on my phone, thinking it would send him another request, and he could click on it to accept again, but it didn't work. It just brings up a screen showing how to click on the game center app and accept requests. (DUH!!)

I told him to just leave it, so I can figure out how to get his account back, and for him NOT to create a new one using the same email, because that will probably get rid of his old one for good!

Please someone help! It has to be a problem with Apple's new iOS rollout. My iPad and iPhone are both (SO FAR) ok when it comes to Game Center, but I did update to iOS 6. He doesn't want to upgrade b/c he has the 4, not 4S, so the turn-by-turn directions and Siri won't effect him at all. Plus, the new Apple Maps is TERRIBLE!!! They even took out the bus routes! We live in a metro area, and sometimes the bus is the easiest way around, to commute, and now I don't have the schedules anymore. The apps that Apple recommends to use with their app are terrible, are missing most of the routes, and the times are off by enough to screw up your day. Needless to say, he is staying with iOS 5! So I hope and pray their solution isn't to update, because it is NOT happening! I wish I could downgrade!!!!!

Sep 22, 2012 10:01 PM in response to erinkof

We have the same problem on an iPhone and iPod touch. Each used a different email address and not the apple ID associated with the device. Now, it won't allow each to get in. What does show up is the incorrect version of the program.

My son even spent his own money to buy upgrades to Dragonvale which are now lost.

Something needs to be done quickly to find a way to get Game Center to allow the devices to log in under the original email.

Apple, please help support this - there should be a way to get this looked up by the nicknames.

Game Center login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.