Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pre-sign for delivery help?

Hello everyone, I need some help. I am trying to "pre-sign for delivery" of my iPhone 5 as I probably won't be there when it is delivered. However, whenever I follow the "pre-sign for deliver" link, it takes me to my order page but there is no link there. Nothing at all. If it helps, my order is in the "preparing for shipment" phase. My best guess is that you can't pre sign until the order is being shipped or something, as it is probably carrier specific, however I'm not completely sure.

As a bonus, anyone have any idea whether it's best to pre-sign for delivery or authorize somebody else to sign for me? (I live in a college dorm hall)

Thanks guys!

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 2:29 PM

7 replies

Sep 15, 2012 4:10 PM in response to parkerjg13

According to the shipping help section, you can Pre-sign for delivery through a link in the shipment notification that they will send you so I believe you have to wait until it has shipped. On the other question, if I were you, I would authorize someone I know will be there to sign for it. You don't want them to leave your iPhone at the door where anyone can grab it.

Sep 15, 2012 4:26 PM in response to wjosten

Just to be clear, even if I get a care package from home or anything, it goes straight to the front desk at my residence hall, where I have to supply identification and sign for it there. I would have to be an idiot to leave it outside my door all day, but that is not the case. Upon talking to the person at the front desk, they informed me that they usually sign for items when the postal services deliver them, and then I believe I would sign for the item when I recieve it.

Sep 19, 2012 10:09 AM in response to BekoTeko

I called the campus mailing services too and it was very helpful. They said that Fed Ex or UPS would deliver to the front desk of my residence hall. I asked them who would sign for the package in this situation. They said that the front desk would. I am going to print out a pre-sign form and leave it with them, and make sure they are clear on the procedure, just in case. I would suggest doing the same. That way, our iPhone 5's will be waiting for us at the front desk for us to pick up. I can't wait

Pre-sign for delivery help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.