Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my security prefs won't let me install onyx

I want to download ONYX for cleaning my logs. When I download the Mountain Lion version I get the message. "your security prefs allow only installs from the Mac App Store or identified developers". What's this? How do I change my security prefs. I've checked on System Prefs/security and privacy. I downloaded ONYX from onyxmac.com and from MacUpdate.com. I can't find it in the app store.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 3:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 4:39 PM

The Apple Support Communities are an international user to user technical support forum. As a man from Mexico, Spanish is my native tongue. I do not speak English very well, however, I do write in English with the aid of the Mac OS X spelling and grammar checks. I also live in a culture perhaps very very different from your own. When offering advice in the ASC, my comments are not meant to be anything more than helpful and certainly not to be taken as insults.

You can change the setting here in Sys Prefs/Security/General;

User uploaded file

You may have to unlock the pane with the lock icon in the bottom left to change the preference.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2012 4:39 PM in response to bwr248

The Apple Support Communities are an international user to user technical support forum. As a man from Mexico, Spanish is my native tongue. I do not speak English very well, however, I do write in English with the aid of the Mac OS X spelling and grammar checks. I also live in a culture perhaps very very different from your own. When offering advice in the ASC, my comments are not meant to be anything more than helpful and certainly not to be taken as insults.

You can change the setting here in Sys Prefs/Security/General;

User uploaded file

You may have to unlock the pane with the lock icon in the bottom left to change the preference.

my security prefs won't let me install onyx

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.