Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i want to add verbatum external hard drive. I think connected it and the grren light came on, something fell and it got disconnected. I restarted but how do you know if it's working? the green light is on and sometimes flashes, the instructions on

I have an external hard drive that I used with my mini mac. I want to use it on my MacBookPro. I plugged it in found it on my computer, it flashes seemed okay until it tipped over and came unplugged to the computer. I set it back up turned it on and the grren light sometimes flashes. I read an article that said I needed to format the drive, I followed instructions and did that. I will download tomorrow my pictures.

Question

How do I know if this is working

does it record everything on your computer?

How do I see what is there? on the drive

confused please direct me to help

thanks

kathy

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.7), epson stylis NX420

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 6:21 PM

3 replies

Sep 16, 2012 4:25 PM in response to macjack

it may be very basic but I still don't get it, the instructions are basic too so I'm sure I'm missing some thing here.i don't know how to copy data and copy it back

I don't see any indicaters to do so. I'll try again, , it's on a laptop and I don't want it connected all the time, just to secure some images.

how do i copyu...

maybe I'll try a 'zip' drive instead?? But I don't understand them either, hard to be a dunce.

and by the way, my computer has been freezing up on me lately had to turn it off and on, what have i done to it!!

I just connected it again and it shows as a number22but nothing happens when I click on it...shouldn't something happen here? It seems to be empty as well as it should since I followed instructions on formatting. so what now?

This is trying your patience I'm sure,you may just forget about helping me I just don't have a clue

but if you can help, I am listening.

Sep 16, 2012 4:37 PM in response to kathleenfromashburn

To copy files from one drive to another just drag them.

kathleenfromashburn wrote:

and by the way, my computer has been freezing up on me lately had to turn it off and on, what have i done to it!!

I just connected it again and it shows as a number22but nothing happens when I click on it...shouldn't something happen here?

EDIT: If your Mac is freezing up shut it down and disconnect the drive and test. See if it still behaves that way. I have no idea what a #22 is, can you better explain exactly what you see on the screen and what size it is. Also is it against a black screen with a flashing prompt?

i want to add verbatum external hard drive. I think connected it and the grren light came on, something fell and it got disconnected. I restarted but how do you know if it's working? the green light is on and sometimes flashes, the instructions on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.