Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get icloud on to my macbook?

How do I get icloud onto my Macbook?

MacBook

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 2:16 AM

18 replies

Sep 16, 2012 2:30 AM in response to cardi2207

Please always state your operating system when you have a question.

Lion 10.7.2 minimum is required for iCloud. If you have this the procedure is simple: as you already have an Apple ID you use to post here you go to System Preferences>iCloud and sign in with it. Check Mail, Calendars, Contacts and any other data types you want to sync in the checklist there. You will be asked to create an @me.com email address.

If you have an earlier operating system than Lion 10.7.2, and do not have an iOS5 device, you cannot open an iCloud account. On an iOS5 device the procedure is the same (Settings>iCloud). You can set Mail up manually to access your iCloud email account but other facilities won't work.

Sep 16, 2012 3:58 AM in response to globalwitz

globalwitz wrote:

Hello Roger, I notice that you reply to each concern regarding iDisk by stating that Apple has deleted all data. How do you know this for certain? What would lead you to believe that they have deleted such data?

The fact that they announced they were going to do so. Any files which you had on your iDisk have definitely been deleted and are not recoverable by any means. If you didn't also have copies elsewhere then I'm afraid tey are lost.

Jan 27, 2015 12:38 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

This is all like another language to me. I purchased a used MacBook about 10 months ago. Early on I was surprised to find photos I took on my phone showed up on my macbook. Then suddenly that all stopped. I can't find any kind of photo program on it either. I'm wondering if I accidentally deleted something when trying to weed out the former owner's junk. You say a newer OS-x version is needed, but can that be installed on this computer and if so how do I get it?

Jan 27, 2015 12:45 PM in response to lilollady

I'm wondering if I accidentally deleted something when trying to weed out the former owner's junk. You say a newer OS-x version is needed, but can that be installed on this computer and if so how do I get it?

To see your photos from your iPhone on your Mac you need either iPhoto or Aperture installed.

Jan 28, 2015 6:17 AM in response to Csound1

It's 10.6.8 and I have no idea how old it is since it's used. We actually bought it cheap for "parts" but my hubby fixed it. It shows TM & c 1983-2011, processor 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.

As for "weeding out" since this was intended to be a secondary device for travel only I didn't plan to start from scratch. I was trying to delete the previous owner's crappy music he left on it, being careful not to delete any programs or necessary items; however, never having used an apple product I have no way of knowing what the various things are nor how to look at programs/aps all in one place, so I may have inadvertently deleted something. Long story short it's become my primary and we do plan to upgrade the OS if it's worthwhile, but before doing that I have to now find/save all my own files along with all the duplicates it creates (it seems to dump them in inconsistent places and won't let me designate a specific folder) .

How can I get icloud on to my macbook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.