Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is The iPhone 5 Really Worth It?

Hopefully I do not get bombarded by hardcore Apple fans but is the iPhone 5 really worth it. I used to have the iPhone 4S, but upgraded it to a Samsung Galaxy S3 and here is what I think of the iPhone 5. With phones like the Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S3, and the Nokia Lumia 920, I find it hard for the iPhone to win but some people are just brainwashed in Apple's company. The phone is like a iPod Touch 5G but the difference is that you can talk and text but with apps like Free SMS, in theory the only difference is the talk. iMean it is the same thing every year of realease, new hardware and design and new look, but the same interface. Personally I think that the 2 Samsungs and the Nokia are better phones but because of the people who don't realise Apple's products are the same every year one will sell more but it is not about how much it sells, it is about the overall phone. They even rip us off by changing the slot smaller so we have to pay EXTRA to get a converter or get a new dock. Anyway, any thoughts on this?

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 4:07 AM

10 replies

Sep 16, 2012 5:12 AM in response to iReview

That's why there is choice in the marketplace - you buy whatever suits your needs/preferences best.

If you want to waste time learning where everything is in constantly changing interfaces every year, then that's your choice.

Many people like familiarity, and don't have time or inclination to re-learn how to use a phone every few months.

it is the same thing every year of realease, new hardware and design and new look

Huh? Either it is the same, or it is new - it can't be both.

Sep 16, 2012 5:25 AM in response to iReview

I am sure most who have and buy the iphone are not just using it for the phone capabilities. I personally rarely use it for phone calls anyway. I use it mostly for the apps, text, reminders/notes, etc. If I wanted just a phone, I would get a cheap, free jitterbug or something. Apple and the iphone stands for innovative, reliability and stability and has a huge cult following, so millions of us faithful believers cant be wrong, can we?

I agree with the earlier comment, its all about personal preference. There are a lot of apple haters or disbelievers out there and thats fine, thats America, but Im not one of them! To be honest, I bet most of us would pay twice the price for an iphone, I would, its that GOOD!

Is The iPhone 5 Really Worth It?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.