Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What Can I Do To Improve Vocals Sound?

So I make YouTube videos, and I make full band instrument cover songs, including vocals. I've been wondering, what kinds of compression/EQ or whatever fancy tools there are to make the vocals sound better? I currently just use the Male Basic effect, with nothing else added. What can I do to make it sound more proffessional. And NO auto-tune, I'm against that.

Here's my channel: youtube.com/JoshHPMusic

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4), 15", 2.0 GHz Intel Quad-Core i7

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 1:06 PM

Josh, I just listened to the version of "Blackbird" that you put online. I think you have a very charming voice! And for a sparse arrangement like this, the Male Basic effect is good enough, you don't want to over-effect the voice in this kind of setup.

So if you're not happy with what you're hearing (and you know that even some good singers never get used to their recorded voice and really like it), you should work on your singing technique - to achieve a little more support and fullness, especially in the higher registers. A couple of singing lessons with a good teacher can do wonders!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2012 1:06 PM in response to JoshHProx

Josh, I just listened to the version of "Blackbird" that you put online. I think you have a very charming voice! And for a sparse arrangement like this, the Male Basic effect is good enough, you don't want to over-effect the voice in this kind of setup.

So if you're not happy with what you're hearing (and you know that even some good singers never get used to their recorded voice and really like it), you should work on your singing technique - to achieve a little more support and fullness, especially in the higher registers. A couple of singing lessons with a good teacher can do wonders!

What Can I Do To Improve Vocals Sound?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.