9 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2012 6:34 AM by Tgara
Phil Rogers Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

I'm having a photostream issue.  I was out out of town, without wifi access, and took some pictures with my iPhone 4.  Now that i'm home and back on wifi, they don't sync to photostream.

Any ideas?

iPhone 4
  • Phil Rogers Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

Come on, SOMEONE must know the answer to this!

• MLadd Level 3 Level 3 (660 points)

When you say they won't sync, have you verified that they haven't already been synced while you were away, remotely? Make sure both your iPhoto and iPhone are still set up to use photostream. I have noticed sometimes the settings have been turned off, after updates, and such.

Thanks

I know they didn't work because the photos are still in my iPhone and not in photos team on any of my other devices (two iPads, iMac).  I checked.  Photo stream still turned on everywhere.

Are they not in the Photo album in iPhoto? Were they possibly imported when you synced your phone?

No

They are only on the phone. 

When you open iPhoto, and then connect your phone, what does iPhoto tell you? Quite honestly, Photostream has been hit or miss for me, personally. Sometimes it works great, other times, not so much. All I know is that I DO still have the photos, either on the iPhone or in iPhoto. 

If you still import the photos to iPhoto normally, then you can still move them back to the Photostream album, if you wish.

The whole idea of photo stream is that it shares the photos without having to hook up to your computer.  I can sync it that way.  But if I have to do that, it sort of defeats the whole purpose of what photo stream is supposed to be about.

One big thing, I have noticed is the Photostream box being unchecked in System Preferences -> iCloud on the Mac. Make sure that is checked. THen go to iPhoto and Preferences and verify that Enable Photostream is also checked.

Outside of that, those are the only two things I have been able to find to look at to fix the issues.

• Tgara Level 4 Level 4 (3,540 points)

Phil,

There are several conditions that must be met before the photos will sync with photostream.  Some were discussed above (e.g., turning Photostream on in all your devices, and connecting to Wifi).  One other condition is that the Camera app must be shut down.  From the Photostream FAQ:

"On an iOS device, new photos you take will be automatically uploaded to your Photo Stream when you leave the Camera app and are connected to Wi-Fi." 

Try shutting off the Camera app on your phone and see if that helps.