Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod recognition problems with Mac

I've been having a problem with my Ipod (5th gen, video) lately. Sometimes when I plug it into my Mac it does not get recgonized. I get the "Do not disconnect" message and then nothing happens. If I unplug my Ipod the message remains and it stays that way until the battery runs down. This doesn't happen all of the time, just sometimes. It seems that if my Ipod has a stronger battery charge then when I plug it in this is less likely to happen. Any ideas?

Macbook 1.83 GhZ, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 10:51 AM

1 reply

Sep 17, 2012 9:46 AM in response to Pagal

The next time the iPod is frozen on the Do Not Disconnect screen, try resetting it by pressing and holding both the Select/Center and Menu buttons together long enough for the Apple logo to appear.

Otherwise, make sure you are always properly ejecting the device from your Mac to prevent this from happening.

Safely disconnect iPod

As for your iPod not being recognized in iTunes, have you worked through all of the suggestions here?

iPod not recognized in iTunes and Mac desktop

B-rock

Ipod recognition problems with Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.