Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nikon D800 issues with new Macbook Pro Retina

Hello Everyone,

I'm having an interesting issues with uploading photos from a Nikon D800 to my new Macbook Pro Retina via USB 3.0. I've never had an issue like this before with my previous Macbook Pro.

I've tried to two methods to upload photos, but with different outcomes: Card Reader and the D800 itself

Card Reader:

After shooting photos and using a card reader to "try" and upload photos, I'm always prompted that the card cannot be read and must me re-initialized (formatted) to be used. This would permanently make me lose all the photos I've just taken.

D800 as a reader:

Using the D800 to read the card doesn't show up on the desktop, but will appear in Lightroom 4.1. But there is still an issue... when I import photos it goes into the process of importing, but for some reason it says it couldn't read the files on the card.

My work-around for this that has worked is to then take a new photo with the camera, and then for some reason the new photo allows Lightroom to upload the photos like normal.

I'm not sure why i'm having this issue. I'm not sure if the bug is with either the Nikon D800 or macbook pro retina. It's annoying and messes up my workflow and confidence with Nikon and Apple products. I've also sent this issue to Nikon to hear what they have to say about it as well.

Equipment Info:

The cards I'm using are a Lexar Professional 600x 32GB UDMA Compact Flash, and a Eye-Fi Pro X2 8GB+WIFI SDHC Card. The card reader is a Transcend USB 3.0 reader. The Nikon D800 firmware is the latest, the MBP Retina is fully updated, and Lightroom is updated to it's latest 4.1 build

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1), 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB Memory

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 2:02 PM

3 replies

Nikon D800 issues with new Macbook Pro Retina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.